Sunday, April 22, 2007

Acquire the Fire, Portland, OR

I just got back from Acquire the Fire (http://www.battlecry.com/pages/atf.php), a youth event that travels nationally to encourage Christian (and other) youth to affect their culture positively and to recognize the media and other "stuff" out there. We also heard some awesome music. :) This is my new favorite band, and I'm surprised. Any adults, you probably will think I have lost my mind, but your kids, well, they'll love this.

The band is "Red", this is a link to their video. Of course they are a Christian band!
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid416542555/bctid155450316

I was never so , um "happy"?, to be on the first row of the "non floor" seats so close to the stage, it actually protected me from the giant speakers that vibrated my entire body Saturday when we heard "Pillar". The other band was "Grits". I am too tired to find a link to them....I had less than 9 hours of sleep over the last 2 nights, so all things considered I'm doing very well! I did have a great time and have decided that being with 22 teenagers isn't any harder than being with my own children! I do have to say that for some of the kids, my children are much better at following guidelines and authority. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home