Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Name Game

Tavin finally got to spend the night at a friends house Friday night! It was a birthday party, but Tavin was the sole "overnighter". (They are a family from our church that homeschools, so I expect to hear more tales of astonishment from Tavin.) They watched "Seven brides for seven brothers" which I have never seen, but apparently there is a female character in it named "Dorcas". I have known of some people with that name, and know it is not all that uncommon amongst Mennonites and I am sure other populations. However, we have not "ran in those circles" for quite some time. So, Tavin was talking about how she thought that was a funny name, and by the was she didn't like HER name and she really wanted Lucy to be named LISA etc.,etc., etc. Simon said "I don't' like my name either." I just said "Ok, we'll just call you guys 'Hey'." After a bit Simon says "Actually, I do like my name. I'm glad you didn't name me 'Dork'." Tavin then proceeded to tell me what her preferences were. "I like 'Melissa' and 'Jody'."

Looking forward to seeing my new niece/nephew and hearing THAT new name very soon! Tuesday would be great! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home