Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dooder-Ramany

Yesterday I drove 6 hours (combined) to accomplish a couple of tasks, one of which was exchanging my cell phone. The day before it stopped working suddenly and went to "Car Kit" mode, of which I had never used. I called and was told that unless it had water damage, it was under warranty still and I could pay $10 shipping for my "free" replacement (and pay to send them my defunct one) or go to the nearest store (not kiosk) and exchange it. Since there were a couple of other things that I could accomplish by driving 3 hours one way, I decided to do it. (By the way, I've never been one to shy from road trips.) So, as I am in line in the phone store, with Lucy and "sick" Tavin in tow, the techno gal points out that there was actually water damage in the car-kit port (which I have never used). I assured her it had not been dropped in any water, etc. She then eye-balled Lucy who was frantically grasping for anything she could see and trying to shove into her mouth, and wryly asked "Do ya think it's possible SHE got it?". Great. I did know that she had played with it some, but who knew that baby drool was the equivalent to dropping a phone into a bucket of water? So, no warranty equals no new phone, equals no PHONE for me. It's alright, I'll manage.

At dinner last night Simon was announcing to all of us that their class learned a verse from Deuteronomy. "What is it?" Tavin asked him. Simon very slowly and loudly said "DOO-DER-RA-MAH-NY". We still don't know what the actual verse was. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home