Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink

Well, I'm still waiting to get the appearance of this blog fixed. Oh well, just know that if you want to read past posts, you have to scroll down to the bottom left of the page and the links are there. Simon can now write his name completely by himself. That is from writing it on 18 Valentine Cards for his classmates and teacher. Then he decided to finish the remaining 15 or so to hand out this weekend to our family. "I want the red one for T because he likes red." (Cousin T, that is.) I didn't bother to try to explain to him that because he has SPIDERMAN Valentines, they are ALL red. He was concerned that T liked his. :) Tavin selected Narnia Valentines, and did them all independently. She also has a big stack to pass out this weekend. Instead of candy, which they get loaded with at school, I get books for our kids. Tavin's was my favorite this time..."Roses are pink, your feet really stink." It's about a little possum kid that writes mean valentines and signs someone elses name to it. Although Tavin's feet have been known to cause watering of the eyes, that was not what I had in mind when I picked this one! It was just a funny, cute book. :) I guess I should mention that we are having our annual "Family Birthday Weekend" and will all be at a house on the coast, courtesy of my parents for a collective "birthday present" to all of us. It has been a tradition for several years. One in which there is (usually) equal trade of shopping and golfing. Last year we got even smarter and brought along an older cousin for child relief. (Kind of like Tylenol for pain relief, you know?) I think those plans are in the works as well, hallelujah! (Being the only one with more than 1 child, at least for 2 more months, I believe I benefit the most!) We are all very glad to finally confirm moms health yesterday....she will be recovering still this weekend, but we assured her we could get her a motorized cart for shopping. I know of several of her relatives that would likely pay a tidy sum for a photo of such....do I have any offers? (I am thinking mostly of brother-in-law types....)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a witness to Tavin's stinky feet. Seen it, smelled it, gross. Socks that could almost stand on their own. And yes, I love my neice anyway! I'm looking forward to the weekend, it will be fun! Do feel a little bit sorry for the unlucky cousin who gets to babysit this time...but I still plan on taking advantage of her babysitting skills!
Aunt J

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home