Thursday, May 24, 2007

Simon's Kindergarten Graduation

Simon graduated from Kindergarten this morning. It was only a brief ceremony of diploma giving followed by a longer, noisier, sloppier and more entertaining pizza party. The balloons caused quite a stir. Unfortunately, Simon's only lasted about 10 minutes once we got home. He declined to have me tie it to him, and when he looked up at a passing airplane, it escaped. Being the nurse and paranoid mom that I am, I was actually relieved as I know that balloons are a terrible choking hazard for young children. I can tell a tragic story, but only if you contact me in private. :)

Each child also received a personalized "year book" of pictures of themselves on various class trips and activities.


Simon thoroughly enjoyed the star shaped jello pieces they had. Tomorrow is their last day of school and only a fun/field day. Simon is convinced that he is a first grader as of his graduation.
P.S. I am already on vacation with Lucy.....everyone else will join me tomorrow. ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger MacNana said...

Congratulations to the graduate! He already looks older, and so very cute. I am working on graduation announcements tonight, and kindergarten really doesn't seem that long ago....Enjoy each precious day.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home