Friday, August 10, 2007

Haircut for Tavin

Tavin has always held "long hair" as a very important measure of beauty and femininity (is that a word?). She's never had bangs, mainly because hairstylists have advised not to due to her cow lick right smack in the center of her forehead. Today, we decided (she agreed) to try to cut it shorter, layer it, and get her some "bangs". She's old enough to fight them herself, although I'm not ready to give an almost 5th grader hairspray and a curling iron yet. Her curls underneath the back are more apparent, and so are her natural highlights. The gals at the salon couldn't believe she's only 10 and made comments about modeling (which her daddy quickly corrected with a quip akin to "over my dead body".)
This was Tavin helping me make zucchini bread by grating the zucchini, and she was helping train an exuberant RJ to house manners. We've found it very helpful to be told to keep the pups on a leash in the house at all times, tied to our belt loops or such, to teach them proper manners and to prevent.....damage.
This was Tavin's "model" pose.......

This was laughing at her "model" pose.....

This is a little more natural. I told her I think she has hair like her aunt Jody, light colored and very thick. She liked that. Simon, well Simon is being the typical brother...he told her it looked stupid but at least it covered up her zits. I only type that because she does not have a zit problem and she paid him back with a swift kick. Then he threw a rock at her...Then all of the friends weighed in as to who started it....I have 5 other kids outside besides these 2, Lucy is upstairs "sleeping" although I just caught her wandering around her room "playing". Didn't take her long to figure out she's no longer confined by a crib. :) Now I get to prepare for a trip to the laundromat, since our washer is in need of a new pump and Sears apparently needs 2 weeks to get one here. It may cost a little, but at least I have to be alone! I mean, it's terrible to be separated from all of the dozen kids outside........



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl! We think you need to keep her inside your house, except when she comes to grandpa's!!!! G&G T

5:23 PM  
Blogger MacNana said...

WOW! She is way too cute! Of course you know she looks just like her mother! As for all those kids...those were the good ole days and you will recall them with such fondness when you are middle aged like me and the kids are gone all the time working in the summer, leaving you with so much beautiful alone time!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tavin does look beautiful! There is definitely Troyer in her! I think she sorta looks like Venisa too. I think her hair looks great!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home