Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lucy's Birthday!!

It's official...Lucy is no longer a "baby". She is 2!! She shares today with cousin Eric, who is 19. Her main gift was a "big girl" bed, which is a BIG step for her mom and dad (mostly mom) because it meant dismantling the crib, for the last time ever, and no more babies in this house! (I speak with surety on that!)
Here is a nice picture from only a week or so ago, when Kevin and I had a date. Apparently Lucy wouldn't stop crying, so Tavin fixed it (unbeknownst to the babysitter) by sleeping with her in the crib. This is the same crib that Tavin had, as well as Simon but I never thought I'd see anything like this. Mainly because I thought it would collapse! I don't even want to know how she got in there. I do know that it was very difficult to get her out! Notice the lovely bumper that Grandma (Lucy's Great-grandma) made. I think I'll keep it for Lucy. Along with the dust ruffle, and crib sheet!
This shows the transformation from "cute" 1 to "terrible" 2. We have captured it on film. Like the 2 towels on the barstools? Our washer died, and we had the Sears repairman here today, but instead of working, we are delayed until the 22nd! Replacing a pump, apparently.


THIS is how you eat cake and ice cream. All at once.



Lucy has mastered making an ice cream cone out of a spoon. The "ice cream spoon". She even managed to blow out both of her candles on time, and in 1 attempt, which shocked all of us! Unfortunately the cameraman wasn't "on", so we had to set it up again and she suddenly had trouble. Oh well!




Lucy's new bed. As you can see, it was for jumping, walking, and falling on. It does stretch out to a twin, so it'll be nice to have. Gotta love garage sales!!




Finally, asleep. We won!! Now to paint her walls. Happy Birthday Lucy! We love you and can't imagine what our lives would be like without you!
This also means that we are 1 week away from our 2 year anniversary here as well. So much has changed! All I can say is I am much more comfortable now than I was then (physically!!). :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home