Thursday, July 31, 2008

June-July catching up...again

Well, these photos didn't upload in order, but it is WAY too much work to fix it. So be it. I need to get caught up quickly so I can post a couple of pictures of how Kevin spent his 40th birthday this week. :) First things first:

One side of the family went camping at Honeyman in July.....here's some highlights.
This is campfire time, as evidenced by the nearly glazed stare in each of the boys' eyes.

Plotting, even with squinted eyes. I believe there is a verse in Proverbs about a man who winks his eye is plotting evil, or something to that effect. I wouldn't call them evil...just mischevious. Most of the time. There are other times when....
Lucy liked this chair best, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Jenna squeezing in next to, or on top of, her.They had a great time in the dirt.
The following weekend was the OTHER side of the family get-together near Salem. This is Tavin and her good friend/cousin McKenna. Uncle Dave was lucky enough to have these too jaberwockies in his room, and awake until the wee hours of the morning.
And there was a waterslide/giant slip and slide. Need I say more?
Out of sequence now, but oh well. In June Kevin completed a 100-mile bike ride in Portland with the Lance Armstrong "Livestrong" foundation. The 2 older kids got invited to grandpa and grandma's house, where they spent most of their time like this. Lucy had to stay home with the pre-arranged house sitters, who likely enjoyed having just 1 child, as they are relatively newly wed and have not yet embarked on that particular adventure. They made a comment to me about being very effective birth control, but after the first day, they really liked her. The lovely young lady did learn that a 2-year old who is prone to occasionally waking up at 6:45 am (such as when someone new is around) is not conducive to staying up until 2am texting friends...
This is Kevin walking his bike to the starting area at the Nike complex.

Lance Armstong himself made an appearance. I didn't see much paparazzi, and was actually hoping to see some celebrity on his arm just to verify how trashy.....I mean nevermind. Kevin is in the left background of this picture, green and black jersey, red & silver bike.
Back to the camping...Lucy and Jenna enjoyed cousin Tim's trailer.

I"ll get more posted, and try to do better here! I"ve been putting more things on facebook, but I'll try to put more on here. :) If you actually read this, drop me a comment, it shows on my email and you don't have to be a registered user. :)
Today was a sad day for me...Kevin had to go back to work, technically 1 day early, so I was bearing unfriendly thoughts towards his new superintendent.....something to do with me having to scramble for child care even though he was the one with changed plans....but I digress...
I still have more than a month before both kids go back to school! Simon starts the 25th of August, and Tavin the 2nd of September, so at least I have more time to get supplies!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn, we enjoyed to pictures and comments very much. Keeps us in touch with the family down there. Thanks, Betsy

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn and Kevin--It was great to see alittle about your summer and the pics earlier of the cousins, Alice and Sadie looked like you all had alot of fun. So Kevin does biking too, huh? Keith has just got into mt. biking and really loves it. He is determined not to be a couch potato 40 yr. old with a gut! Hope you guys can get in this way next year! Kids are growing up too fast! We just took Aaron to college(EMU) this past weekend!? Keith doesn't like talking about it--his hang-out buddy/mt. biker buddy has left us....

Well, keep up the blog--we love it. Gina and Keith

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home