Monday, January 02, 2006

Hard-of-Thinking Cat

Our new kitty has settled in quite comfortably as a new member of our family. He was pretty reserved and calm for the first few days, then we left for Christmas. He was not alone the entire 1 week period, but did garner some new found confidence and, shall we say, "spunk". For example: He has determined that we are his couch, lounging chair, entertainment and prey whenever he feels the need for any of those items. He "talks" to us, lets us know when there is dirty dishes or food left on the counter, and is quite insistent on being held for as long as he determines. If I try to move or get up, he hangs on, as if saying "Surely there is a mistake on your part....I'm not ready to get up yet." However, he must be a very brave kitty, as we saw on New Years' Eve. We spent the evening with friends, and returned home promptly after midnight. So far "George" had not bothered our humble Christmas tree and I had not yet dismantled the thing. From what I can tell, the fireworks disturbed and frightened him. He must have deduced the threat was coming from the Christmas tree. He courageously attacked the tree, disabling it by pulling it OVER, removing ornaments, breaking bulbs, unplugging lights, etc. When we arrived home we found a very calm cat, and a very big mess. My response was a simple two words: STUPID CAT.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn, Dawn, Dawn, Can I be the first to tell you that it will get worse before it gets better? Trust me, from experience (THREE cats)and not because I want them. You give that "stupid cat" an inch and it will tell YOU where YOU can sit. It will tell YOU when it wants something to eat and will meow until you get the right food fo rit. You have my sympathies because once ours are gone, they will NOT be replaced. Love yar family. Uncle Dave T

5:49 PM  
Blogger SAHM said...

I can imagine....this is only our first cat in this HOUSE....we've been trained before. Hope Sandy is feeling better.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When pets go bad...I to experienced the dismantling of the tree by a pet. made the mistake of leaving my puppy alone in the living room one evening, she never seemed concerned with the tree and actually i thought she was afraid of it. I am assuming by the fact that the glitter was licked off most of the ornaments that she took them for a "treat". Bad pets!
-KMO

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home