Monday, January 30, 2006

Not a place to go shoeless

Well, I'm finally getting back to this. I was going to see if I could get a couple of pictures from Tavin's tea party scanned to put on here, but didn't really attempt it. We were in the valley for Simon's birthday this weekend, and there are plenty of "techies" with scanners and the capabilities of putting photos on here, there just wasn't enough time. Tavin's party went well, I think everyone had a good time. Simon's birthday wouldn't have been a birthday without at least 1 grandparent present, so we decided to go to the valley for his "party" where he could also see his cousins. (1 for 2 due to illness, but we'll all catch up at the coast next month!) He had a great time, Lucy maybe not so much because it was shot time but that only lasted for about 24 hours. Kevin and I were simply THRILLED that Simon got more little diecast (sp?) motorcycles and airplanes to leave scattered in our paths. For example: Thursday I was finishing up some laundry for the trip to the valley. I was carrying a basket downstairs and managed to step on a small train (I guess this one was actually plastic) that had wondered from it's appointed place of "out of the way". I got it right on the ball of my foot, no shoes on, and WOW did it hurt. I told Simon (he asked after hearing me yelp) that my foot hurt so bad I thought it was broken! (I did have a swollen bruised area!) He looked concerned, ran to where I had thrown the offensive toy, and said "It's ok mom, you didn't break it." Not really what I was meaning, but there's more. Kevin snickers at me when I tell him this after he gets home from work. Then, Simon leaves a metal toy on the floor at Grandpa & grandma's and, guess what? DADDY steps on it enough to draw blood. Heheheh. At least in my case my vision was obstructed and it was really not my fault as much as here, but guess what Simon said when Kevin brought his pain and injury to his (albeit brief) attention? That's right, he ran to his toy and said "That's ok dad, you didn't break it!" HA.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home