Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dodgeball Rules!

Yes! I just have to say that I still know how to have fun. Tonight at youth group we braved the freezing cold, old (literally falling apart) gym and played DODGEBALL!! I even got injured, I think. That's what I get for being old, overweight, and for playing on a dusty wooden floor. BUT I earned some respect (I think...or was it just shock?) when I got the coolest high school boy out. YES again! Next time, I'm making sure I have traction. I shocked them with what little remaining talent I have left. Heheheh. I can't believe there are actually girls out there that still throw like girls! Next time Tavin has a lesson on how to throw something, besides punches, football or a baseball pitch, I think I'll teach her!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball" hehe. I am proud of you. When is Tavin's first wrestling lesson? Maybe Jody will offer to come and get down on her knees so she can wrestle "fairly" ha! :-) keep up the fun posts!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last post was from me.Forgot to sign my name....oops!
-Mel

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now don't make fun of those that throw like a girl...Of course this coming from years of just sitting on the sidelines due to girls that threw like you! Ha, Ha!

I agree teach Tavin to not just stand and take the hit. Dodgeball you opened some memories I suppressed with good reason:)
-Kristine

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just say, I could woop Melissa to this day wrestling on my knees, even if I am almost 6 months pregnant. Right after I beat her at a towel fight. I have a feeling that Tavin's going to learn to throw just fine with you as her mother and her father being such an athlete himself. I'm with Kristine, I tried to forget games of dodgeball, it scares me.
Aunt J

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home