Wednesday, January 04, 2006

On Second Thought....

Tavin is giving her brother a run for his money in the "trouble" department. On the way home from school this afternoon, I glanced in the rearview mirror and thought she was asleep because she was leaning over. At a stop light however, closer examination revealed that she was hiding behind the seat to prevent me from noticing her appearance and activity.

I knew we had not picked up a clown, but that was my first thought when I saw her face. Bright blue eyelids, red lips, and red circles on her cheeks AND nose. I will give her this: She did well without a mirror using only markers. She had brought home markers that she'd received as a class Christmas gift. This explains our house rule of no writing utensils (of any kind) allowed in the children's bedrooms. Ever. Or at least until we stop seeing their marks on blinds, walls, bathroom doors, bed frames, dressers, mirrors, oh yes, and themselves and/or each other! Another difference: She doesn't even try to explain...just smiles and lets me rant for a while. She's since bathed and scrubbed a good part of the skin of her face off so she can eat dinner at the table. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger MacNana said...

Aren't markers wonderful things? Such fun. Maybe you need to have a make up party for her! Many years ago I found the letter X markered on several walls in the house, and my investigation disclosed that Eric had made a treasure map and the X's were very important to mark the spots! I never did find out what the treasure was though. That might be a fun project for Tavin...!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home