Saturday, February 04, 2006

Bring on the college sports scholarships!

Today was Tavin's first Pee-Wee League basketball game. She is in a 2nd-3rd grade league on a team of 3 boys and 4 girls. Kevin and I thoroughly enjoyed the show, and as many before us I'm sure, thought that if only we'd had a video camera we could've won $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos. Let me just say that another name for a rebounding drill for players in this league could be called "Duck and Cover". Tavin is the tallest girl amongst everyone (Yessssss) and is only slightly shorter than the tallest boy, aka "ball hog". I did think it was funny to see this side of Kevin. He couldn't help but "coach" from the stands and offered to help Tavin. As we are home tonight, he's teaching her to "rub off" her defender. They practice of course by running around the house bumping each other into corners, walls, furniture, etc. She shot 1 for 8, but she said she made 3. It is a great time, and there are games every Saturday this month. I think the player on Tavin's team that I enjoyed watching the most when Tavin wasn't in :) was a young man, also in the 3rd grade in Tavin's class that reminded us of her uncle and cousin. Kevin insists it's uncle, I saw more of my nephew. This young man is already a "diver"....any loose ball, errant pass, or other feasible reason to leave skin on the floor he did. (He reportedly also dives across the lines during practice to beat Tavin in sprints!) None of this is why he reminds us of our family, that is because of his looks. Kevin knows him from school as well and describes him as a "Hyper Macho" 3rd grader. I doubt that will last long, I hear he is part of the cheerleading camp they are doing for the elementary kids! :) HeeHee.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Japheth said...

Oh that is too Funny!! A macho 3rd grader doing chants and cheerleading!!

It's enough to leave me rolling on the floor laughing!!

Seriously, it's neat to see your husband taking those opportunities to help his daughter and spend time together. That is one area I know I will feel flat-footed in as my daughter gets older.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home