Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Falling Riders

I keep thinking there were things that I wanted to post, and apparently my mind works best late at night when everyone else has been asleep for hours! I doubt I'm the only one in my extended family with this trait. Anyway, my wonderful husband and I attended our first rodeo ever, last week, which is a huge annual event in our vicinity. It got off to a huge bang when the opening parade of rodeo princesses and the queen of the rodeo came galloping out of the pens on their charging steeds, only for the queens horse to fail to clear a low rail, as well as fail to turn as it approached the grandstands, right below where we were sitting....the result: A dethroned queen in a very undignified manner!! I can make light of it you see, because she was ok. Let me mention that I was the ONLY one of my 2 sisters to NOT be a princess of any kind....:) Of course, if I could've been a princess that rode a horse I would've found a way to at least try. The only horse I every really got to ride was an ornery Appaloosa named "Ace" that seemed to figure out very quickly that a 100 lb. 8th grader was not the same as the typical adult male rider it was accompanied too. He didn't mind very well and tried to "rub" me off on the barn eave, as well as on a moving SUV driven by our neighbor. I have some great pictures of action shots, bull riding, calf roping, bronc riding and so forth, using my new digital camera's 12 zoom, I was pleasantly surprised at the focus and clarity....but I will send a couple to my nephews. If I'd have known the dethroned queen was ok, I'd have some of her too!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MacNana said...

We talked about the big rodeo you were attending Friday night when we had our last minute dinner out with your parents. Sounds fun! I've definitely had that late night thing going on many times. I'm sure I've lost many great stories because I was too lazy to get out of bed and write them down!

8:27 PM  
Blogger SAHM said...

I have tried to post pictures, unsuccessfully. I don't know what else to do. The help topics here on blogger don't solve the problem. I haven't yet been able to use my dig. camera, but did get a disc and download the pictures here. I tried it with the airplane and the fires a few months ago. So aggravating!!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home