Sunday, August 20, 2006

AACk!

I can't believe it's been over 2 months! Apparently this online classes thing, plus having all 3 kids home for the last 3 months, has dramatically sucked up all of my free/spare time! ;) Well, yesterday Lucy decided she could walk, and within a number of hours could travel across a room. Today, it's just stand up and walk, turn corners, etc. I think she's been holding out on us! For her birthday a couple of weeks ago we had some friends over for a barbque, then spend the next several days with my parents in the valley. Speaking of "valley people", my little sister, the one that had a baby like 4 months ago, just completed the Danskin Triathlon in Seattle. I know. Sick. Just kidding. :) We are very proud of her, and marvel at her Wonder-woman capabilities.

Simon's first day of Kindergarten is tomorrow, as is Tavin's first day in the 4rth grade. I am just so excited as well! I want to pick out what clothes to wear to be actually almost alone for a morning! Actually, I have a packed schedule with gym, and Lucy's nap (hopefully)...I have to take them tomorrow, since it's also the principals' first day with students there. After that, they'll go with Kevin M,W and Th. No school on Fridays and Kevin has a basketball and prayer group to vie for his early morning attention on Tuesdays, so I am the am transportation, as well as pickup Simon at 11:00. Did I mention they have to be in their classrooms by 7:45 am? And that it's a 15 minute drive? We've been practicing an "almost" school wake-up time for the last week. Since everyone under the age of 10 has been going to bed at 8pm, Lucy has adjusted quite nicely and wakes promptly by 6:30. Another interesting fact: I had Tavin's feet measured today, just to be sure I was getting her the correct size of shoe. The saleswoman used a child's instrument, despite my information of her current "7" shoe size (women's that is), and was "open-mouth shocked" when Tavin's foot was too big for it. On the appropriate adult scale, she was easily into a womens' 7 1/2 size shoe. Tragic for a 9 year old to not get to select "cute" shoes. I think she's matched Grandma! The gal at the shoe store gasped, "I've been a size 7 1/2 since I was 15!!". No wonder she trips over most minimal obstacles!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MacNana said...

Welcome back! You might be a customer of "Oddball Shoes" sometime in the not too far distant future! Can't believe your first day is tomorrow. How exciting. Hope all goes well and you get to enjoy a little alone time! I'd give you some of mine if I could!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have you know she has "passed" grandma in the shoe department!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home