Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Whoops...Time is slipping away

Has it really only been 2 weeks since my last post? Seems like I am further behind than that. Well, I've kept some things to myself. Mostly just one, I guess. I am now in my 4rth week of an online RN-BSN program. Things are a little hairy, I have 2 papers to complete before midnight on Sunday. I've already done 2, but there is a lot of reading (abstracts are such a horrible thing! :)) as well as discussion boards that we must participate in. It has paid off to be somewhat of a computer nerd (though not as skilled as other relative) but I can navigate my way around blackboard, powerpoint, as well as attaching documents with ease.

Last week was the end of school for this year. Sigh. Tavin brought out her 2nd journal for 3rd grade, this one started in March. I sort of flipped through it and found her entry for April 11th:
"Today is my mom's birthday. She is 32. She is old."
As for Tavin, she is grounded. Just kidding. :)
Lucy is so smart, she is not even 10 months old yet and already puts the phone to her ear to try to hear. Simon is still, well, Simon. At his preschool graduation last week, he was the only one to miss a step walking off of the stage. I guess that makes it sound like he tripped, he actually LEAPT from it. That reminds me of his Kindergarten assessment 2 weeks ago. I was helping his next teacher cut out some stuff (after Simon was done of course, I was not in the room for his assessment)and there were 2 girls at the table with the teacher. One girl was struggling, the other appeared to be "smart as a whip". The teacher asked "smarty" to draw various shapes, and when it came to 'diamond', she paused and said,
"I can't draw one, but I have an uncle and he has a 10 year old boy. HE can draw you a diamond."
Then came the letters. She (teacher) said "Now, we know 's' says 'ssss', can you tell me what sound 'a' makes?".
The little gal thought for a minute then asked, "Can 'a' say whatever it wants?". Mrs. Teacher said, "Sure."
"Then 'a' says 'yee-haw'".
"How about 'b'? What does 'b' say?"
"'B' says 'oink-oink'."
That was enough of the assessment, we laughed at that for a long time. The teachers' only comment afterwards, much to her credit, was something like how much she wished she could have a camera there!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home