Saturday, September 02, 2006

Pit Juice

Tavin has been asking me for deodorant for the past few days, ever since I've said no to shaving her legs and another completely unnecessary request. We made the trip to Walmart and she smelled a few scents, then decided on one that I handed her. Most likely it was because of the name "Teen Spirit" rather than coming from mom's hand. Anyway, she immediately applied it in the car, after I had to continuously remind her to leave it alone in the store. I gave her basic instructions on exactly where it goes (one never knows where it may end up!) and how many "swipes" are appropriate, prefacing that with "This should last you at least a month", to give her an idea that this is not to be applied like chapstick. We also discussed the best time to use it is after a shower and every morning, etc.

Kevin knew I had gotten the deodorant for her, but I still think he was surprised when she came charging at him later in the day after her shower proclaiming, "Smell my armpits!!".

As for me, I spent the day with 25 pounds of peaches. We have 3 cobblers on our cupboard and more than enough freezer jam, but only because no one carries "Fresh Fruit" or the like anymore so I could have just frozen the stupid things! Oh well. I experimented with my cobbler stuff, and the last 2 I sprinkled chocolate chips between the peaches and the "cobbler". I couldn't figure out why they never set, even though I added more pancake mix after 30 minutes of not setting, finally resigning to a stewy texture. Now I know that some helper turned the stove off at an inappropriate time. "It was beeping." That's what timers do. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jewel just wait until your little bits of "sunshine" grow bigger. They say what goes around comes around. I too remember the days when my little girls grew up and felt the need for grown up things. Time flies very quickly. Enjoy them while they are still little!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home